What is Lektora?
Lektora is the FREE RSS feed aggregator that integrates seamlessly with Firefox and Internet Explorer to enable easy reading of news feeds within the web browser. Offering an intuitive user interface and highly polished aesthetic, Lektora simplifies subscribing to, reading and managing web site news feeds, without sacrificing performance.
Lektora is completely integrated in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. It also offers an intuitive user interface and highly polished aesthetic. You can now read your news in the Internet tool you use the most: your browser.
Reading feeds is made easy with Lektora, which presents feeds in a familiar journal approach, very similar to reading a newspaper. Less clicking, more efficient reading.
Lektora understands that your time is valuable. A news item that was not read yesterday is not likely to interest you today. Each time you refresh your feeds, Lektora presents you with only the latest news items, conveniently saving older news items in a daily archive that can be consulted at a later time.
Subscribing to RSS feeds is a breeze with Lektora which features support for automatiy discovering feeds, transparent subscription from XML buttons clicked in web pages and a built-in directory featuring hundreds of popular feeds arranged by category.
Lektora also offers a fast feed-wide search capability, highlighting search results in all corresponding feeds. Searches can be bookmarked, making it possible to filter your news to overcome information overload.
Is Lektora free?
Yes, Lektora is absolutely FREE to use. However, Lektora includes small contextual ads inside its newspaper.
We have decided to give a free version so that everyone can enjoy and share the Lektora experience. However, developing and supporting Lektora require a lot of work. Because nothing is free in this world your financial support is very important.
That's why we also offer an ad-free experience for a minimal 29,95$ USD. This small financial contribution will significantly help us continue improving Lektora.
Is Lektora free of spyware?
Lektora is 100% spyware free. We also respect your privacy. We do not collect any personal information and we are not in any way associated with spam.
We are a serious software company and we do not want to lose our credibility.
What browsers are supported?
On Windows, Lektora requires Firefox 1.5 or Internet Explorer 6. On MacOS X and Linux, it requires Firefox 1.5.
Currently, Lektora does not support IE-derived browsers such as Maxthon, AvantBrowser, etc.
- Complete integration with Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers
- View RSS feeds within the browser
- Feeds presented in familiar newspaper (journal) format
- One-click feed gathering via web browser tool bar
- Newspaper editions contain only recent additions for added efficiency
- Navigate via keyboard shortcuts
- Search feeds from the navigation bar
Multiple display options
- Display complete text and resume of each article
- Open article in the same/new window or in a tab (Firefox only)
- Organize feeds into groups
- Read articles from one feed at a time or from multiple feeds in a group or from all feed subscriptions at once
- Open articles from first feed on launch
- Open all articles when displaying journal
Convenient Feed Subscriptions
- Built-in directory featuring hundreds of popular feeds arranged by category
- Auto-discovery of RSS site feeds via browser toolbar
- Captures RSS feeds from XML buttons clicked in web pages
- Preview feeds before subscribing
- Automatic detection of OPML feed lists
- Import personal OPML feed lists
- Choose individual feeds to import from OPML feed lists
- Add complete web pages when RSS feed not available
Powerful Search Functions
- Full content indexing of downloaded feeds for high performance
- Bookmark searches for later reuse
- Search bookmarks can be added to journal as regular feeds
- Bookmarked searches highlighted automatiy in newspaper content
- Search terms highlighted in articles for easy finding
- Reorder feed subscriptions via drag and drop
- Customize number of articles to be displayed
- Customize number of concurrent downloads
- Forward articles by e-mail
- Copy articles to Windows clipboard
- Export feed lists in OPML format
- Unlimited archiving of past feeds
- Contextual help menus
- Multi-user support
- Full uninstall capability
- Supports RSS (0.9, 1.0, 2.0) Atom, and HTML formats
- Support for Author and Date fields
- Support for HTTP proxies, ‘If-Modified’, and redirects
- GZIP compression
Support & Maintenance
- Online help and documentation
- Free e-mail technical support
- Free software updates & bugfixes
- Microsoft Windows XP/98/Me/2000
- MacOS X
- Firefox 1.0
- Internet Explorer 6.0
- 40 MB free hard disk space